Saturday, November 30, 2013

A new adventure awaits

Deep down in many ways I thought attending the 2013 National Scout Jamboree would end up being my last big Scouting adventure with the son and with our Troop. After all, in the last several years I have been blessed to be able to attend Sea Base and Philmont in addition to going to Jamboree as an ASM.

I also figured it was time to move on and certainly time to stop the monthly payments with college looming. The final thing for me is that my work seems to cycle through layoffs every two years which would place 2014 as another on of those "risk" years take always drive me crazy.

As a result of all these factors, when the sign up for Northern Tier came around I did not raise my hand to be an adult volunteer. Well, it turns out they did end up needing an additional adult and with some very light arm twisting I am now poised and pumped again for adventure. We are taking two crews to Antikokan and I am very excited about the six Scouts that will be joining the other leader and I on this adventure.

My plan is to blog along the way here and share our experience including planning, training, gear and our time on the water. I know it is going to be amazing!

Thanks for following along.


Sea Base 2011

Philmont 2012
Jamboree 2013



No comments:

Post a Comment