Thursday, June 9, 2011

Finally!

Well it was almost 18 months ago when I found out I was going to have the opportunity to be the adult leader for our 2011 Troop high adventure trip to Sea Base. Now finally the time is here and we will be stepping on the plane at 0600 in the morning.

Having done most of the logistical work, it is going to be great to turn things over to the Scouts starting tomorrow and let them run the show from here. They are a wonderful bunch of guys and I am as excited to spend time with them and the other two adults as I am the trip itself. I just hope I don't end up barfing too much!

In many ways I do not know what to expect. Mostly I am just happy to be going and very appreciative to have this wonderful opportunity. I would have never imagined years ago when my son brought home that flyer from school that his Scouting journey would also become such a grand adventure for me too. How blessed we are to be part of the Boy Scouts of America!

No comments:

Post a Comment