Friday, August 28, 2009

Scouting is Family


I love this picture I took of our adults at a campout last year. I think it visually sums up one of the things I have enjoyed most about being part of the Scouting movement and Troop 168. These folks have grown to be some of the best friends I have ever had in my life and it seems I am always learning from them.

Together we share the common goal to support the Values Scouting represents and provide opportunities for the boys to grow as leaders as well as men of integrity. Somewhere in between, there is time to learn about each other's lives. Struggles at home, work, and life in general are often discussed and counseled. Successes in these same areas are even more often celebrated. I know it can be said that we truly care for and respect each other.

What has been your experience? Are you taking time to connect with the Scout parents as well as the boys?

1 comment:

  1. Very cool picture...one thing that is important in scouting, we all need to get along....

    ReplyDelete